- NZ Day Tours
- Multi Day Touring
- Arrival / Departure Tours
- USD $
- Cart 0
We invite you to join us on a tour of discovery, featuring spectacular scenery. From Christchurch travel by road to Springfield and board the world famous TranzAlpine train to travel through the Southern Alps to Arthurs Pass viewing the alpine scenery through panoramic windows. The TranzAlpine is renowned as one of the top ten train journeys in the world. From Arthurs Pass we tour by road over the snow-capped Southern Alps in the Arthurs Pass National Park and on to the Otira Gorge with photo stops. Visit the old village of Otira before returning to Arthurs Pass for lunch. After lunch explore the village and some of the many walks. The return journey to Christchurch is by road stopping for an exhilarating jet boat ride through the spectacular gorges of the Waimakariri River. Following the jet boating, a visit will be made to a farm for late afternoon tea, followed by a sheep shearing and sheep mustering demonstration.
• Travel by road through the rural pastoral scenes of the Canterbury Plains
• At Springfield, board the TranzAlpine train to travel through the Southern Alps to Arthurs Pass
• At Arthurs Pass continue your tour firstly the breathtaking beauty of the Otira Gorge and the magnificent scenery the viaduct lookout
• Lunch at the Wobbly Kea restaurant in Arthurs Pass (optional extra)
• Following lunch there time to explore the picturesque village of Arthurs Pass
• The return journey to Christchurch is by road through Arthurs Pass National Park and the high alpine passes
• Enjoy an exhilarating jet boat ride through the spectacular gorges of the Waimakariri River (optional extra)
• Sheep farm visit with afternoon tea, sheep shearing and sheep mustering demonstration
• Collected 7.30 am Return 5.30 pm
The tour package as described above does not include lunch or jet boating in the tour price, however, both options are available as optional extras at the time of booking.